Saturday, September 15, 2012

Broken Heart

Have you ever been on the floor, rocking on your knees, sobbing out your grief, agony and despair to Jesus?   Have you ever been incredibly lonely and desperate and just wanted someone to talk to?  God is always there, but it's hard.  Sometimes, you just want a shoulder to cry on or someone to nod and sympathize with you.  I read the following prayer this evening and thought it was worth re-posting.

I offer unto you my wounded heart, my broken heart. I know it is you my Lord who will uphold me in the end. Let me not lose hope. Let me not cast away everything that’s good and beautiful in this life. I know that there is so much more in store for me. I know how much love I can still give away because it is you who fills me with everything that I’ll ever need. You are the one who loves me truly, eternally, unconditionally. You are the one who has always been there for me and always will be there for me. You are my one true love. You are my forever. You are my strength and my peace and my joy. Surely in your presence Lord, I do not need anything more.



No comments: