Thursday, August 8, 2013

Home

After six years in Kenya, I'm finally back home ... for a little while!  This quote by Nelson Mandela is very relevant at this time for me: "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."  I have done a lot of growing up since I left my home country for Kenya, and I'm glad for my new perspective on life.

The plan was to come back to the States after I finished my contract with my old school and research starting an El Sistema program in Nairobi next year.  I'm debating the merits of getting a Master's degree now as it may not actually be the best thing for me at this point in time, especially since my dream job doesn't involve an orchestra anymore.  After a lot of research and thinking, I am probably going to try to get regular private lessons here in the States, but will most likely not apply for a Master's - for now.  There is a fellowship in the Boston Conservatory for El Sistema and I would like to apply for that next year, but in the meantime, I'll keep up with my practicing and researching and see if I can get a studio going here at home, as well as keeping up on my traveling hobby!  I visited so many places this past year: Egypt, Germany (again!), Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Lamu, etc.  I'm starting to think I should start a travel blog ...

In the meantime, I have a lot of praying to do about my future and where that future may be.  Please pray with me if you have a moment.  I would appreciate the support!

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.  (Romans 12:12)

No comments: