I only had two hours to practice today so went over my scales as normal (Ab major ... bleah) and then concentrated on the Bach Fuga. On a whim, I decided to do small sections of the Bach five times in a row, quite slowly, before moving on to the next section, concentrating on rhythm and intonation, and for some reason, everything seemed to fall into place so much better! It seemed easy and I felt no tension in my left hand. I followed that up with the Paganini Caprice which I played five times in a row at a moderate pace and before I knew it the notes were back in my hand! I had learned and performed the caprice years ago and wanted to refresh it for a recital later in the year. I had forgotten the nasty tenths and jumping strings but it seems if you learn something it really does stick with you! Now to work on tempo ...
It's difficult practicing some days because sometimes your heart just isn't in it and the minutes and hours seem to drag by, and then some days things just seem to flow and two hours fly by before you realize it! I'm just dreading when work starts again and I have less time to practice ...
No comments:
Post a Comment