Since I didn't have much time to practice yesterday I ran through the pieces that I have been learning for recitals coming up in the next few months. I played through the first, second and fourth movements of the Bach and they went pretty well. The first movement especially I was quite proud of! It was one of those rare moments of perfection when you are feeling the music and "in the zone."
After the Bach I tackled the Paganini ... let's just say it was a bit rough around the edges! I won't take it up to speed until I am sure of the intonation, especially on the tenths and the slurs with repeated notes.
I also played through the Chaconne and was pleased with what came back to me. Intonation is going to be the hardest part. I did some work on the double stop section towards the end in which there are thirds followed by a huge leap up to octaves. Tough for intonation! I concentrated on the bottom note most of the time and made sure that was in tune while fingering the top note before playing them both together.
I performed the Bloch my first year of university and have had a hard time settling back into it. I think that because I have learned it already I just don't want to start it up again! I forced myself to play through it to see where I'm at. It's rough, but it will definitely come back. Some parts that I played surprised me with how easily they fell under my fingers!
Today I might try and attempt a recording of Bach and see what comes of that. Of course, it never sounds as good on a recording as it does in real life, but I do need to analyze things and hear myself playing it sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment